Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question on replacement windows

Posted by raineygirl (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 29, 13 at 10:02

I've noticed that whenever I raise a window and then close it and try to lock it, I have a hard time getting it to lock. Then, I realized that the top window must have moved downward some and it's not lined up with the locks. I then have to reach up to the top of the top window and give it a push up while I'm holding the bottom window down to be able to lock it.

Is this right? It doesn't sound like you would have to go thru all of this just to be able to lock them. Both top and bottom windows raise up and down and lean out for cleaning.

I was just wondering if this is normal for this type of window.

Also, is it true that the windows have to be locked to get the airtight fit and not let air in? Someone told me that and I didn't think that was right but thought I would ask here.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question on replacement windows

Yes to both questions,
That said, i know the Okna 800 has an anti drift feature bulilt into the head of the window in order to help prevent the top sash from moving downward when closing the bottom sash.
Most upper window sash's will drift downward though. One of the many reasons i like the Okna 800 " EnviroStar" windows.

o

Pretty normal for most windows and somewhat unavoidable where you have windows that have a very positive interlock and weatherstripping.

o

Ok, thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here