Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elyash

exterior french patio door replacement

elyash
9 years ago

I currently have a 4 foot french patio door with an in swing.
It is a north facing door. I have several questions.

1. Besides Pella, does anyone know a manufacturer that makes a 4 foot french door (2 feet each side) with a
screen (and preferably inside blinds.)?
2. What material would you recommend for the door-fiberglass, aluminum or vinyl and why?
3. Which glass should the door have?
4. My contractor wanted to install a silver line door which I vetoed because I thought it was poor quality. He says 4 foot doors are hard to find and wants to expand the opening. I would rather spend the money on a better door then expanding the opening unless I cannot find a door.
5. I have seen postings about Okna, HMI and ProVia windows and references to their doors. I have never heard of those brands and would like to know if anyone knows about using them for Patio doors. Is it worth expanding to use one of them instead of Pella? I have a very good quote for a Pella designer door with a screen and blinds but I am not sure the exterior will hold up.
Any guidance, thoughts, or opinions would be most welcome - and please respond soon because the contractor is almost finished with the other work he is doing here. Thanks.

Comment (1)