Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bugs coming around bug screen

Posted by matthewkooshad (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 10, 10 at 1:29

we had the sellers of our house put in bug screens in the windows that were missing them before we closed on the house. the problem is that the bug screens aren't bug proof that were installed. there is some space around the screens, and i think the ones we have were made for people who don't open their windows.

my wife and i would like some option that allows us to remove the screen and clean the dirt or someway of cleaning dirt around the edge of the windows on the inside panel from time to time. so, we were thinking putting caulking around the bug screens is not good idea.

anyone have an idea for us? thanks so much,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bugs coming around bug screen

anyone have any suggestions? :(

o
RE: bugs coming around bug screen

there is some space around the screens,
It sounds as if they were not made to fit the windows properly.

Is it too late to have the sellers check into the screens being properly made to fit the windows properly?

and i think the ones we have were made for people who don't open their windows.
About all screens in my opinion will let in a number of night bugs, particularly if there is a light on inside the room as they are drawn to the light. I have never heard of having screens made for people who don't open their windows...why have any screens on them then?

Possibly rope caulk would work if the space is not too wide. The link below shows a good pic of it. It is flexible, and removable, and available at about any hardware store.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pic of rope caulk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here