Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prrjim

In -Service Andersen Woodwright Windows

prrjim
13 years ago

I'm seriously considering purchasing two Andersen Woodwright double hung windows for a basement remodel. I really like the look of the Woodwright with maple on the interior. I've looked at two of them on display, with maple, at two different Home Depot stores and a third in oak at a lumber yard. Overall I don't see any problems with them. I want a window with a natural wood finish on the inside, with a preference for a hardwood, and a maintenance-free exterior finish that will last.

I've read speculation here and on other forums about the fibrex exterior breaking down, paint chalking, expanding and contracting but haven't found any reports from people who have been using these windows for a few years. All of what I've read is speculation, no actual reports from people who have installed these windows and can let me know how they are doing after several years of service. If you have these what do you like best and least about the windows? Why did you choose them and have they lived up to your expectations?

Comments (4)

• macv
    13 years ago

Fibrex is the same material as Trex decking and it seems to hold up well even in tough locations. I've specified a lot of them and have never heard any complaints.

You might want try the window forum.

• millworkman
    13 years ago

I believe you mean the Trex Artisan Railing, not the decking!!!

• macv
    13 years ago

That's right. Trex Artisan railing is Fibrex which is a PVC and wood fiber composite with a pure PVC outer coating and Trex decking is a polyethylene and wood fiber composite.

• ronniepuddle
    10 years ago

How did the windows turn out for you? We are trying to decide on Woodwright vs. The "A" Series. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. It is a big project in our 1928 colonial. thanks

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths