Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marvin Ultimate Caement vs. Integrity

Posted by pps7 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 9, 09 at 23:12

I'm a little comfused as to the difference. This is for new construction. Our interior was going to be primed pine, so will these 2 windows look the same on the inside? The cladding color of our choice- bronze is available in both. The front and sides of our home have SDL, the rear of the house does not have SDL.

I'm wondering if we should do the ultimate clad for the front and sides and Integrity for the rear. Is there a durability difference in the Ultrex and aluminum clad? And the rest of the window-is the Integrity any less solid wood?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marvin Ultimate Caement vs. Integrity

They will not look at all alike, the Ultimate is aluminum clad exterior the Integrity is Ultrex which is a pultruded fiberglass. The Integrity line was made to complement the Ultimate line as a less expensive line built to compete with te Andersen 400 series. There are really no custom sizes or options available for the line and the SDL would have no bar between the glass and the interior profile of the sash is completely different

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here