Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting INTERIOR of vinyl window

Posted by dallasauburn (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 1, 10 at 22:55

We have chosen a vinyl casement window that is a semi-dark tan color, inside and out (cannot vary color between interior and exterior). I do not want the interiors to be tan, and my GC tells me that the painters can paint the interior of the window and that it will paint better than wood and be very durable. Is this true? Any experience in painting vinyl? My impulse is that painting "plastic" will not be durable.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting INTERIOR of vinyl window

I wouldn't paint them. I would also check the warranty. Most manufacturers will not honor a warranty if you modify their product. Painting is considered a modification.

o

Thank you for your reply, skydawggy. I'll look into the warranty issue.

o

Is this the same builder that recommended Certainteed windows? See my comments in the other thread.

o

There are vinyl companies out there that have tan, bronze, clay ect exteriors and white interiors. Get a factory set up and be done with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here