Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marvin vs. Pella

Posted by bsrogers (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 10, 09 at 22:27

I just received a quote from the local Marvin dealer on a all wood insulated 36" X 29" awning window--no screen, no dividers, no brick mould, no frills--for use in my restoration and I was shocked @ $650.00 ea. I was recently quoted $346.00 for Pella's version of that window. I knew Marvin was more expensive than other brands, but can someone tell me what makes Marvin nearly twice the price of Pella? I can't understand how there can be that much difference in the two brands.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marvin vs. Pella

I'm guessing the labor is the big difference. They should be comparable in price for the product. Perhaps the Marvin supplier is charging $350 labor and Pella for example might be charging $100 for labor.

If the prices you mentioned are for the window only, not with installation, then the Marvin dealer is overcharging you.

I've been handling windows for over 30 years and actually have both Marvin and Pella in my house. They're both good windows and for an awning that size they should be similar in price if you're comparing apples to apples.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here