Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zelie4111

Window soundproofing questions

Zelie4111
10 years ago

It seems that people on this site have a lot of knowledge in soundproofing windows, and I am looking for information and ideas pertaining to my own situation.

Basically it starts with the same old story... I have noisy neighbors and a few barking dogs. The windows in my house are cheap vinyl double-hung windows that were installed incorrectly approx. ten years ago by the previous owners. Would buying new replacement windows and installing them correctly make a worthwhile difference? I repaired one recently because the gap was so bad between the window and the frame that I had no choice. When I took the trim off I found that there was no insulation around them. I shimmed as needed and stuffed in some insulation... It seemed to make a small difference, but I am wondering if buying new windows would be better.

Also I am looking for information on building my own interior plexiglass window plugs, and I cannot find much info in my searches. All that comes up is sites trying to sell their own products.

Any information would be great... Thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH