Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Andersen 100, good or not?

Posted by zztt (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 11, 11 at 22:02

I am really interested in the Andersen 100 windows because of the price point. Yet it is a fairly new product so I am concern about the quality. Are there that any Andersen 100 owners here can share your experience?

My contractor also suggested Marvin Integrity All Ultrex Series (fiberglass) and said the price was comparable to Andersen 100, is that true? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Andersen 100, good or not?

Price point windows are generally not thought of as a "quality product". The 100 Series from what I know is a basic builders grade window, and will not be very high quality.

o
RE: Andersen 100, good or not?

+1

There are far better choices in wood and if price point/budget dictates a certain range, you would be better suited with good vinyl or another product vs. low-end wood.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here