Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gmx_jax

CWS Windows

gmx.jax
10 years ago

Good evening. We are working with a builder to build our first home. His supplier is recommending CWS windows. From what I can tell from research, they are primarily a FL based window distributor (we live in N. FL). We are not on the beach or in a high wind zone. Does anyone have any information about these windows? Last review I can find on the site is from 2008. Any information is greatly appreciated. We have a mixture of fixed, casement, and single hung windows. Bronze, vinyl, non-security glass.

thanks

Comments (8)

• millworkman
    10 years ago

Never heard of them and nothing jumps out at me either way on their site (although I only looked briefly).

• construktor
    10 years ago

Hello, gmx.jax

I live in the Sarasota, FL area and I am going to have to replace my windows. The company Windows World is recommending CWS windows, which are built in Ocala, FL. I would like to ask: Did you end up getting your windows from CWS? Did you like them? or did you go with a different company?

Thank you so much for your reply! It's a costly project and I don't want to make a bad decision.

• millworkman
    10 years ago

From my perspective that tells me all I need to know about CWS Windows as Window World is a low quality installer in general and I would not use anything they install nor recommend.

• construktor
    10 years ago

Thank you for your post millworkman!

Do you have any recommendations? I have 12 windows to replace and as a homeowner I never had to face a project of this scope before. Any information would help a great deal.

As far as Window World, its a franchise and while this company as a whole did not get great reviews on the net, this particular installer has a very clean work record. This installer can also install PGT windows. From what I understand of this business, even a great window can be installed improperly so that it would leak and draft, or let bugs in. PGT, however, is a more expensive product.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    10 years ago

I think the PGT product is well regarded and has a solid track record.

• construktor
    10 years ago

Hi Windowsonwashington!

From doing tons of research about windows for the past weeks, I agree with you completely, and will probably go with the PGT WinGuard Vinyl product in the end. Also looking at the CGI Aluminum window, but I am not on the coast, so it may be an overkill...

Some say the Vinyl product is better than Aluminum, some say its not...

Currently pricing several distributors.

Hope it all turns out well.

• construktor
    10 years ago

Hi Windowsonwashington!

From doing tons of research about windows for the past weeks, I agree with you completely, and will probably go with the PGT WinGuard Vinyl product in the end. Also looking at the CGI Aluminum window, but I am not on the coast, so it may be an overkill...

Some say the Vinyl product is better than Aluminum, some say its not...

Currently pricing several distributors.

Hope it all turns out well.

• millworkman
    10 years ago

I agree that PGT is a quality product, although not sold in my area so I only know what I have been told. However I would still be somewhat leery of Window World and their installation,. I would check references and see examples of their install work but even then it can still be a crapshoot.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH