Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aleschel

Vinyl Kraft window - Anyone???

ALICIA MICHELLE
14 years ago

I received a quote today from an independent contractor who carries a line called Vinyl Kraft. Apparently it's a smaller regional company that sells in Indiana, Ohio and my state, Kentucky.

The sales pitch was fairly low key, and the quote was outstanding - $4070 for 6 double hungs and converting a picture window to a bay window, all w/ full screens. The price includes Low E argon filled 366 glass, .23 U factor, 7/8" glass, super spacers, welded frames, Dakota balancers, a baked exterior charcoal trim, and an interior cream vinyl. Labor includes window removal, installation, insulate cavities, wrapping outside casings, replacing any rotted sills, and debris removal.

The contractor has been in business 15 years and employs his own labor. Vinyl Kraft, based in New Bern, Ohio, has been in business since 1994.

My biggest concern is that I can find absolutely NOTHING on the web about Vinyl Kraft except for their very limited website. Like all companies they say they are energy star rated but no mention of AAMA or NFRC. The contractor is providing references and addresses so I can see some of his work.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of Vinyl Kraft? I'm also getting a quote from Marvin, mainly for my peace of mind which means I guess I've just answered my own question! Any feedback would still be greatly appreciated.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH