Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaveman42

What are my window options?

Kaveman42
9 years ago

Hi All,

I would like to eventually change out all 14 windows and the sliding patio door in our house with a budget of $15k. I've been researching online but it seems like people both hate and love the same product, so it's difficult to find the better option. We currently have single pane aluminum windows in the house which are very difficult to open and close. We live on the coast in southern California and the temperature range is like 50 - 90 degrees, even then, it's rare to see those numbers since its almost always in the 70's. So my priorities for windows is in this order. What would you recommend and why? Let me know if you have any questions.

1 - Appearance - I hate weld spots found on most vinyl edges and the thick frames found on low-end windows. Although I'm not opposed to vinyl if it is good quality.

2 - Smooth glide - We have a couple 6' high windows in the living room so I need them to be light and easy to open for the wife

3 - Energy Efficiency - We don't have AC and occasionally use the heater. I'd be more concerned with blocking UV light to prevent discoloration of furnishings

Comments (8)