Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repair of Pella ProLine aluminum clad windows

Posted by russ_b (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 9, 10 at 18:36

I need to replace a rotting wooden bottom sash (sill) on a Pella ProLine aluminum clad window that's 57" wide by 71" high. I believe the correct approach is to remove the aluminum cladding around the window, pull out the thermopane glass, replace the wooden bottom sash with a new one, reinstall the glass the finally reinstall the aluminum cladding. But never having done this before I have several questions. 1) Does one just use a putty knife to pry off the aluminum cladding?, 2) how exactly does one remove the thermopane glass? It appears to have some sort of sealing where it rests on the inside wooden frame surrounding the window. Does one just carefully use a putty knife to pry the glass loose? 3) what bonding agent/glue do you use to reattach the outside aluminum cladding? Would like some idea of how to do it cause it's in the front of my house and its a big window.? Thanks Russ_B

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Repair of Pella ProLine aluminum clad windows

As I know that Security Roller Shutter are simple to use, quiet in operation, simple on the eye and keep premises safe from possible assault and interrupt. They are highly practical for a range of purposes. The main importance of Roller Shutter are to save an adequate level of energy, but these days, you can come across many different shutters that are used for lots of various purposes. These Roller Shutter have facilitated many to solve the issue of security.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roller Doors

o
RE: Repair of Pella ProLine aluminum clad windows

If you're desirous to have peaceful sleep then you ought to have all the safety measures that will secure your home. You can shelter your residence through the Roller Shutters which can be an effective way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roller Shutters

o

costello, if your going to span the site at least try and make sure your crap is in a thread where it may make the slightest bit of sense.

o

Russ, leave this to a Pro that has done this exact thing before or you could cost yourself even more $$$.

o

There is a class action law suite due to the design of these windows. I had a pro out to my house and its not fixable unless you totally replace your windows. All my windows have the issue.

http://www.freedweiss.com/Pella-ProLine-Windows-Investigation.shtml

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here