Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
jeld wen removable grille

Posted by pacmom23 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 11, 07 at 17:25

I am attempting to modernize my windows, and have learned that I can order removable grilles (they presently have none)for them through Jeld-Wen. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jeld wen removable grille

You can order removable grilles from ANY wood window manufacturer. However they sometimes only work with their own brand only. So the question for you is are your windows made by Jeld-Wen? It's advisable to get your window grilles from the same manufacturer as the windows.

If you don't know what brand you have, and you'd like to use Jeld-Wen grilles, that's fine but make sure they're compatible with your windows as there are many ways to attach grilles, many different surrounds, and many different profiles out there.

One place that's good to check out is www.bigbluewindow.com to research the possibilities and options. They're an online store that manufactures grilles for any brand of windows.

o
RE: jeld wen removable grille

In my current home I have Jeld-Wen double hung windows with interior grilles that can be removed for easier cleaning. It is the only thing I dislike about the windows. They are extremely fragile and easily broken. I have had to replace most of them at least once. They are so fragile that I dare not remove them for cleaning!
The Jeld-Wen design has not changed. I checked. By pulling back a plastic thumb bolt(?) a pin retracts to release the grill from the frame. I won't use them in my new home.
I would suggest you try to find a sturdier substitute.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here