Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do Not Use PlyGem Windows!

Posted by BetteBarr (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 7, 13 at 17:07

We have had a Large order in with Ply Gem Windows in VA since June 17, 2013 for 20 windows for residential new construction in Virginia. They keep pushing off the delivery date and don't care that our house cannot continue construction because it cannot be enclosed. There is no one to call or escalate through and we will be out on the streets from our present home in September 2013. I am 70 y.o. and this is the worst company I have ever dealt with! BUYER BEWARE... DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do Not Use PlyGem Windows!

This sounds more like a problem with the contractor or supplier, are you sure it is Ply-Gems fault? Ply-Gem has always delivered no more than 3 weeks for me.

o

I tend to agree with Todd as Plygems does not sell direct to HO from my knowledge.

o

The delivery problem with our windows is most definitely Ply Gem's fault, not our contractor's fault. I finally got in touch with the sales rep and he admitted that they have a "long line" of disgruntled customers and that the company is having a "lot" of production problems with their windows right now. Our contractor will no longer use Ply Gem for his homes.

o

The windows were sold to our building contractor through his lumber yard, not directly to us the H.O. We stepped in because we are the ones directly affected.

o

OK then, that does shed a different light on the subject. What have they offered to compensate you for the issues?

o

That is news to me. I rarely use Ply-Gem but my last order I placed on June 5th arrived in typical normal fashion within 3 weeks.Sorry to hear about your misfortune and understand your dismay.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here