Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faulstr_gw

Windows for New Mid Range Custom Home

faulstr
9 years ago

We ate building a very traditionallooking brick 2 story style home and want white (exterior and interior) double hung windows with colonial grills. we want the home to look more like an older home but not everything can be "authentic" because we have a budget. For reference, our build will be in $450-500k range with our lot being $65k additional. This is for ~3500 square foot home that I would consider mid range for a custom home (I.e. mostly brick, all hardwood flooring on both levels, inset cabinets, etc but no super high end finishes). Our builder bid Andersen 200 windows but when we saw them we weren't super impressed with them as a wood window bc we thought there was still a lot of plastic on the interior sides. So we priced Marvin Integrity windows but they came back $6-8k more than Andersens and we really need to save not add at this point. So since we are doing white interiors anyway, we thought about going with a nice quality vinyl window and my husband can add extra wood casing around the windows so would you really notice the windows too much by the time you add that extra trim, blinds and window treatments. Going with the Simonton Brickmould 600 will save $12k from the Andersen 200s. My husband says lots of people in the subdivision have vinyl windows. We will be middle of the road home - some may be a little cheaper than ours but some are in the $700k-$1m range. Is the Simonton Brickmould 600 a good choice for this price range of home? I am also trying to get a quote on Soft Lite Bainbridge windows but not sure where they fall in price or quality wise to the others.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz