Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheloveslayouts

Are Cascadia Fiberglass Windows my best option in Portland?

sheloveslayouts
9 years ago

We're doing a complete gut renovation of a small home in Portland, Oregon. 7 of 9 window openings are changing, so they are tear-outs. we're also re-siding, so I assume we're only looking at new construction windows.

Our GC spec'd Ply Gem Pro series vinyl windows. When we asked what other vinyl windows his sub installed he offered Milgard.

I've read and reread so many comments in online forums my head is spinning. All of my efforts to find the premium vinyl recommended here on Gardenweb has come up empty; they're not available in my area.

Last night I read a recommendation for Inline fiberglass as the only fiberglass that performs close to vinyl. I emailed Inline and just got a reply that all Inline inquiries from the west coast are forwarded to Cascadia Windows in BC. Cascadia has a local dealer here in Portland.

We only have 9 windows. They will be a combination of very plain, rectangular sliders and fixed picture windows. We want long lasting, low maintenance, as efficient as possible windows with slim white frames.

I feel like I've made this window decision more complicated than it needs to be. I think windows are a very important investment and I want to make the best choice. We do have a budget, but windows are a high priority.

It seems the following are my options right now. Please weigh in on what you think is best for our application.

Ply Gem Vinyl
Milgard Vinyl
Cascadia Fiberglass
Marvin Fiberglass

Thanks for your help. I need it!!

Comments (5)