Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vinyl replacement windows

Posted by barb07 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 30, 10 at 15:21

I am getting quotes for vinyl replacement windows. I have looked at two window companies and have two more window people coming. I want a good Vinyl window. I have looked at a company called Midway and really like them. I also looked at Pella too, Midway seemed a little sturdier than the Pella. Does anyone know anything about Midway Windows & Doors? I would appreciate any input on good vinyl windows for a Midwest home.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vinyl replacement windows

Pella vinyl windows are junk. I'm not familiar with Midway. I'd get at least 2 more estimates before deciding.

o

I have narrowed my vinyl choice down to the following: Alside Sheffield, Midway (Alliance), Simonton and Soft-Lite Imperial LS. Any feedback on quality of these windows would be appreciated.

o

I'd toss out the Sheffield. Softlite and Simonton are probably the 2 best of that grouping depending on what model Simonton you are looking at.

o

+1

Soft-Lite and Simonton are two of the best.

Gorell, Sunrise, and Okna are the last 3 on my short list.

o

SKYDAWGGY--Which Simonton should I put in? I want a good solid window. I appreciate your help, I never thought there were so many window companies!!!!!!!

o

My first choice would be the Prism Platinum, followed by the Reflections 5500. Basically the same window but the Platinum comes with double strength glass and a 25 year glass breakage as standard. The Reflections comes standard with single strength glass. If you upgrade it to double strength, the glass warranty is only 3 years.

If you're on a very tight budget, you should look at the Prism Bronze or the Reflections 5500. Just make sure you get the right glass for your area.

I also recently started carrying the PGT Spectraguard. I like them very much too. If they are available to you, I'd check them out.

o
RE: Vinyl replacement window

Sorry I miss typed. If you are on a tight budget look at the Reflections 5050.

o

I love my Simonton 5500 Reflections, mainly because my DW likes them and they were far from being budget breakers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here