Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Window openning on a stuco exterio wall

Posted by liveinseattle (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 27, 09 at 15:18

Hello, all
I have been research replace windows for a while and finally get quote from 2 companys in Great Seatte area. From Pella, it cose us about 14k to do all 5 Windows, one is new openning and 4 replacemant.Pella will not repair stuco if anything goes wrong, and Pella will cut the old openning a little bigger in order to get new window in. So we have to find stuco guy to patch the gaps. that is added cost. But Pella will make sure that the windows are flushed correctly. Procraft give us 13K quote, and it does not need to make bigger openning, means not repair of stuco, and if any thing goes wrong it will repair the stuco.
The 5 windows are as following:
New openning, 24"x47" stock size.casement
2 window 24"x72" replacement, casement
2 window with half circle on top,will be make as 4 windows. Half circle window on top, 2 casement window under to fit in one old openning, so this 2 windows are becoming 4 windows in total.
All windows are wood casement, except half circle windows, which are fixed.
We will get more bid in this week.
I have a couple questions:
1) any one know if the price in the ball park?
2) we are thinking to put the new window in ourselfs. Can some one give some advise on how to cut stuco and windoe install tion steps.

Here is what I though, since we have to fix stuco anyway, we make cut the old openning a little bigger, then we make flashing according to manufacture installation guide. after install window, we will tile around exterior window sround to the stuco and make it looks like briks.
Is it possible to do it your self. Window company charge 3500 to 4000 for that new openning
Please help

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here