Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dorry2

Louvre Shop, Mr. Shutter, Norman Blind Plantation Shutters

dorry2
11 years ago

ANyone familiar with this company? I am in the market for shutters for a second home we just built in a resort community near the beach. I am pretty set on PS since it will also eliminate my having to have a fabric treatment in the short-term, if at all.

I also looked at Norman Shutters which were ok - not happy with the full overlay and how they jut out of the window. I cannot do an inside mount, unfortunately, due to the variation in size of the four windows and because I have tilt-in windows for easy cleaning. They strongly recommended an outside mount for better light control, too.

I also looked at Mr. Shutter and a local company who makes the shutters locally. He does not use a mounting strip like Norman shutters, but uses a trim that is attached to the existing frame and then mounts the shutters. The window trim would be partially exposed, but the trim he uses would jut out about an inch, creating a not-so-clean look, since his trim piece would not completely cover the window trim.

Interested in hearing which brand shutters you have, inside or outside mount and if if you are happy with the quality. If you could post a picture, that would be great!