Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Renewal by Andersen vs. Home Depot Andersen Windows

Posted by goldenita (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 07 at 13:39

Hi everybody.

We are looking to replace 2 windows in our kitchen, one 58x35 and the other 70x48. We first got a quote at Home Depot for the 400 series and it was about $825 each without installation. The windows include the temper option.

We just had today an estimate with Renewal by Andersen, (the rest of the house have all windows installed by Renewal by Andersen 8 years ago) and the quote is about $4000 without being tempered windows. We think this is too much. The lady from Renewal told us that the windows they installed are way better than the 400 they have at Home Depot. Is that true, or are similar in quality?

Would it be a problem to buy them at Home Depot and have them installed by our contractor?

We would like to have Andersen since all other windows in the house are already Renewal by Andersen Windows.

Any other recommendation, or place to shop for Andersen windows?

Thanks a lot in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Renewal by Andersen vs. Home Depot Andersen Windows

825x2=1650+ tax= $1700 add new interior and exterior trim brings your total to $2000. When you add labor (good labor) from a established company you will be around $3400-4000+. Not much of a difference!

o

Are you asking about comparison? There is no comparison between a HD Andersen window and an Andersen Renewal Window.

One is wood and readily available. Renewal is a composite and only available through the Renewal program.

Michael

o

Thanks fhiwindows and Michael for your help.

Michael, what is a better window, the Andersen 400 wood mad or the Renewal composite? I would guess the composite would require less maintenance. Any other advantage or disadvantage of any of the two?

o

Brushworks, my local Andersen rep claims that depot's insert window(not the 400) is the same as the renewal window.

o

where are you located? I know I just used renewal and they suck here where I am... still trying to get everything worked out after 7 months... parts missing, doors installed wrong, damage, and I don't speak polish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here