Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BF Rich Vinyl windows

Posted by junkjunkie (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 23, 09 at 12:53

At the end of May, I had four BF Rich vinyl windows installed. Two were in my bedroom and the other two were in the kitchen. The bedroom windows have been fine so far, but the kitchen ones have been a headache. At first, one window wouldn't lock...the locking mechanism wouldn't meet...so I called BF Rich to have someone come out to look at it. I was told that when I close the window, push down at the bottom of the window. I did this a few times, and it worked for a while, then it wouldn't lock again. Another person came out and said because of the vinyl material, I had to keep the windows locked for a day or two, especially because it was summer, so that the vinyl would 'mold' to its new position. I did that, and so far, that's worked. Now....when we get heavy rains, normal rains, both windows leak and water gets inside. I called the installer and he came out. He said that the upper portion of the outside window was dry, and did a few little adjustments...he really saw no problem. That was a couple of weeks ago. We had heavy rain on and off yesterday and the same thing happened. I left the installer a voice mail and filed a complaint with the local BBB online. I'm very frustrated and they were expensive! Has anyone had a similar experience with BF Rich windows....what did you do? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BF Rich Vinyl windows

I also want to note that these were replacement windows.

o

We just moved from a house where we had B.F. Rich windows installed(replacements) and it was nothing but trouble. We finally gave up trying to do anything about them. It was more trouble than it was worth. Our problem with the windows involved the noise they made when the wind blew. It sounded like we lived in a haunted house. Yes, they tried to fix the problem but it was NEVER resolved. Somehow, ladybugs were able to get behind the screen and every time we opened the windows they would fall out into the room. It was a maddening experience with cheap(even though they cost plenty) windows and a pretty crappy installation by the installers. Also, every time we closed the bottom window the top window would slide down a little bit and if you didn't notice it you would end up with all kinds on insects in the room(because the screen was a half-screen and only covered the bottom half of the window). All in all, a horrible experience!

o

That's a terrible experience, gray2soon! That has got to be frustrating. At least you're not getting water in through the windows, though. I got a call from one of the owners of the company that installed my window and he said that it probably is from a window above the new windows, which is on the second story. That window is old, but on Saturday, when we got the heavy rain, I checked that window and it was as dry as a bone. How come...I've lived here six years...before I had the new kitchen windows put in, I never had rain come in through the previous windows...and now since I have the new windows, the problem is the second story window??? Of course, it's not their crappy installation, or the crappy windows themselves. I think they're trying to scam me into buying a new window on the second floor at the tune of another $1500.00!! I have a question for the window experts out there. Is there any way I can get an impartial window expert to look at the installation (sort of like a home inspector, but specializes in windows) and the windows themselves? Someone not affiliated with the installation company or BF Rich. I don't trust what I'm being told by these people.

o

Hi JunkJunkie and Gray2soon,

I am a company officer of B.F. Rich. I came across your posts and immediately wanted to respond. I do not know the specifics of your situation but I am concerned. Please contact me at sales@bfrich.com or at our toll free number 1-800-237-4241. I will be happy to assist in having your concerns addressed. At B.F. Rich we take pride in providing excellent service.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Terry Rex, Vice President of Marketing

o

Very nice of you to offer to help, Terry. I'm sure Gray2soon really appreciates your concern.

Junkjunkie
I'm sure if you are willing to pay someone to come out and look at your windows you will be able to find someone. Not directed at you but, too often consumers expect third parties to a problem to spend their time and gas for no compensation. I actually had a consumer I had given an estimate to, who expected me to write an evaluation and come to court and testify on their behalf in the name of customer relations. They purchased their windows from a competitor because his price was about $25 per window less than my price.

o

Our entire company has concern for our products. I initially responded Wed, Apr 21, 2010 asking that you contact me so I can assist with your concerns. I havent received a call and I am still concerned. I am hopeful that you will contact me so I can help. Please call our toll free number 1-800-237-4241. I will be happy to assist in having your concerns addressed. At B.F. Rich we take pride in providing excellent service.

I look forward to hearing from you.

o

+1

Great response from a company (BF Rich) so far.

Hope you guys get this resolved to everyone's mutual satisfaction.

o

Today is May 13, 2010. I was hoping I would have heard from you to help you with your concerns. Please call our toll free number anytime 1-800-237-4241, we are eager to address any valid customer satisfaction issues. At this time I can not validate the claims you posted. For those of you who would like to see what other people have to say please visit B.F. Rich's consumer testimonial page.

Here is a link that might be useful: What people are saying about B.F. Rich Windows & Doors

o

I love our B.F. Rich windows. We had the whole house done: 22 windows. There are no air or water leaks. However, the screen slide locks have begun to break, specifically the right slide lock on 3 windows. Does anyone else have this problem and what can be done?
Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here