Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacing some windows

Posted by sparkle1212 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 12:50

Hi, we are replacing most of our windows, leaving 2 big ones for later when we can afford to replace them. The reason for replacing them is that a couple of them won't even stay open and the rest are really hard to open. They are old (over 30 years) and builder grade aluminum. We live in a climate where we open the windows a lot and need them to function. We got a quote for Vista vinyl windows which are double hung..They are much more affordable than other options we looked at for a double hung window. I haven't been able to find much on them and wondering if anyone can give me feedback on them. We plan to stay in the house less than 10 years and don't want to spend money on a high end window. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacing some windows

Vista is average, certainly better than alside products. Where are you located, that may determine what brands are available?

o

Pretty average performer. You could do worse... My main hangup is that the cost on that window is very close to some of the top choices, so the price discrepancy that you are seeing is probably based on the size and business model of the dealer. It is not entirely uncommon to see products like Okna or Sunrise priced similarly, particularly their mid-range lines.

This post was edited by HomeSealed_WI on Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 18:44

o

+1

Not overly impressed with the nuts and bolts on that window.

Try to expand your search and you will likely find something that is more impressive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here