Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vinyl windows

Posted by weezee (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 14, 09 at 11:57

I am having a new house built and my building plans call for andersen windows. I would like vinyl windows instead of the wood andersens. What window manufactures are comparable in cost and quality to andersens. We have been budgeted for andersens. The andersen windows on our plans are the 200 series.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vinyl windows

How much have you budgeted for windows and how many do you have?

o

Our contract with the builder was for the the house to be built per plans. The plans list andersen windows. We need 6 windows, we were able to recycle 6 windows from original home.

o

I'm asking how much you have budgeted because you asked for recommendations on similar quality and price in vinyl windows. Vinyl windows range from approx. $189 up to approx $850.

o

Post of up specs and budget for the windows and the pros on the board can give you some material recommendations.

o

The windows on the building plans are as follows:

wdh 3046 #6
a21 #2
a31 #3
fw66068 r/l #1
wdh210210 #1

All of the windows are energy star (low e double pane)

I am not sure what the contractor had budgeted for windows. Our building contract states that he will build house per plans, thus he will provide the above windows unless we request a change. We are able to make changes to these plans although we pay an upcharge. Thanks for the help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here