Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_h_gw

Silver Line or ViewPoint (Pro View)

Lisa_H OK
14 years ago

I am looking at two different bids (waiting for prices still). I live in OK. I am replacing a north facing picture window (two windows that open, the center one not) and probably two bedroom windows.

I went and looked at both yesterday. From one company I liked the ViewPoint Series 5000 the best. They quoted me prices for the Viewpoint 3000 series, double hung; the Maritech single hung and the Don Young single hung. Of those, I liked the ViewPoint 5000 series best. The vent latches were much better and the quality looked better.

From the other company, they are going to quote me on the Silver Line Series 8500. He really tried to talk me into the single hung window. He told me that most people never actually used the double hung cleaning feature and the single hungs were more efficient. However the single hungs do not have the vent locks and I have to have those, I leave windows open for ventilation several months of the year.

I'm aware these are probably not TOP of the line windows. But, does anyone have any knowledge of these two windows?

BTW, I had Champion give me the first bid.....lol. I thought the windows were probably good, but VERY pricey!!!

Lisa

Comments (5)