Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lakefamily_gw

Removal of Thermal industry screen?

lakefamily
10 years ago

Unfortunately we had to cut our Thermal Industries screen when locked out of the house. Now we need to remove it and take it in for repair and can't determine how it comes out. It's a full window screen and seems to be fitted into a channel on both sides and we can't budge it. Can anyone provide any instructions as to how this screen comes out?

Comments (8)

• millworkman
    10 years ago

If there are no visible plungers or pins it is probably spring loaded. Trying pressing the frame to one side or the other and there should be tension springs holding it in place. When pushed to the proper side the frame should push out easily.

• millworkman
    10 years ago

duplicate answer (system seems strange this am as it appears to download a strange "followup.cgi" cile).

This post was edited by millworkman on Wed, Aug 7, 13 at 10:58

• lakefamily
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for this information. There are tabs on one side, top and bottom which appear to be designed to pull to the side as you suggest. When I pull the frame as far as it allows it still doesn't clear the channel. Same when I press on the frame itself...doesn't clear the channel to come loose.

• lakefamily
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for this information. There are tabs on one side, top and bottom which appear to be designed to pull to the side as you suggest. When I pull the frame as far as it allows it still doesn't clear the channel. Same when I press on the frame itself...doesn't clear the channel to come loose.

• lakefamily
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Response posting twice??? I tried pushing the frame to the side with windows from other manufacturer and that works just fine. With these thermal industries windows, the channel seems to be blocking the ability to push the window out or pull in to remove it. I'm stumped. Any other ideas?

• millworkman
    10 years ago

Nope, I would be stumped as well then. Take a couple of pictures as that may help (maybe not with me but others).

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    10 years ago

Pictures.

Inside and out and we will walk you through it.

• lakefamily
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We finally got it out. Needed two people and a step ladder and had to force it somewhat. This screen was made by Thermal Industries after the windows were made and installed because the seller inadvertently put an order in for the half screen although we wanted a full screen. Maybe because it was made later it's just a tad too wide. Getting it back in after repair could prove problematic, but we'll see. If it's a problem I'll take pictures and seek your help windowswashington. (Never should have bought these windows...nothing but issues popping up. Subsequently bought some Sunrise double hungs and wish constantly all the windows were Sunrise!)