Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window and Trim Question

Posted by silverbullet007 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 10:29

I am looking to replace my 24 year old aluminum clad windows with Marvin Integerity all ultrex casements in the pebble Grey exterior. I plan to install these full frame.

I belive we will have to cut back the siding 2-3 inches so that we can properly install the window and put up a new 3 in trim around the windows that I do not have today.

I know that it will change the look with the new trim but I see a lot of cedar sided houses that have trim around the windows.

Do you think it will be fine to add the trim? Think it will look ok?

As far as the trim, I was thinking about the LP SmartSide Trim with the cedar grain instead of using the cedar trim board. Do you think that would be a mistake to mike the LP Smartside trim with real wood cedar?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window and Trim Question

I do not believe it would be a mistake at all and I also believe it will look better than you can imagine.

o
RE: Window and Trim Question

I trimmed mine with brick molding. The link below has photo's and may give you some ideas

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to integrity pics

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here