Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Harvey vs Ideal windows & energy rebate paperwork

Posted by farfrae (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 16, 09 at 9:48

We want to replace half of our windows with vinyl replacement windows, then we would replace the other half next year.
I saw Wincore name mentioned on this forum so I will check into that on Monday.
We are looking for something reasonable that will qualify for the energy credit.
The choices we have are:
Harvey Classic, with low E and argon
Ideal 5000 with low E and argon
The Harvey installers bid is about $250 more for 9 windows. The SHGC and U value are both 0.3 or just a bit lower for either window. Which is the better manufactured window?

A question for people with recent window installations, especially after June 1, 2009. What kind of paperwork did you get from your installer? The Ideal guy keeps up with the current paperwork requirements and gave us a $ amount for the energy star rebate on the estimate. The Harvey guy said I can just use the window sticker and did not give me a $ amount for the rebate. He said something about consulting my accountant or tax consultant, I chuckled and said we don't have one.

The ease of paperwork is making the Ideal window more appealing, but if Harvey is better quality then I will see if I can get the Harvey installer to come up with paperwork before I sign. And I am calling Wincore tomorrow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here