Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
farfrae

Harvey vs Ideal windows & energy rebate paperwork

farfrae
14 years ago

We want to replace half of our windows with vinyl replacement windows, then we would replace the other half next year.

I saw Wincore name mentioned on this forum so I will check into that on Monday.

We are looking for something reasonable that will qualify for the energy credit.

The choices we have are:

Harvey Classic, with low E and argon

Ideal 5000 with low E and argon

The Harvey installers bid is about $250 more for 9 windows. The SHGC and U value are both 0.3 or just a bit lower for either window. Which is the better manufactured window?

A question for people with recent window installations, especially after June 1, 2009. What kind of paperwork did you get from your installer? The Ideal guy keeps up with the current paperwork requirements and gave us a $ amount for the energy star rebate on the estimate. The Harvey guy said I can just use the window sticker and did not give me a $ amount for the rebate. He said something about consulting my accountant or tax consultant, I chuckled and said we don't have one.

The ease of paperwork is making the Ideal window more appealing, but if Harvey is better quality then I will see if I can get the Harvey installer to come up with paperwork before I sign. And I am calling Wincore tomorrow.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County