Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yogi_bear_79

New Construction - parallelograms - Gorell Won't Now What

yogi_bear_79
13 years ago

After much reading on this forum, we had decided to go to Gorell, which just happens to be 30 minutes from our location! While going over the design and waiting for a quote we were informed that they won't/can't manufacture the parallelograms that we need. We are looking at doing our windows with interior/exterior almond vinyl. With prairie perimeter grids on the double hung units.

Quote from Gorell " I talked to our engineers and I have some answers for you: The parallelograms can't be built. They are concerned about the bottom angles and the windows ability to drain water. It was explained to me that there is no way to efficiently drain the water to prevent premature glass seal failure. I have learned in my 6 years here to trust the judgment of our engineers. They will let us build all kinds of things, just not ones they feel will cause problems in the future. They suggested to use a regular trapezoid."

A friend who recently built in our area used Anderson 400's and by recommendation he used Jarrett Windows for all of his fixed/specialty windows. I am told that Jarrett will emulate just about any manufactures color/designs. We have contacted them and are awaiting a quote for the windows from them. http://jarrett-windows.com/

While we haven't seen a quote from wither company yet, we are optimistic that Gorell will be a great choice within our budgetary constraints. Any recommendations of another window company to explore? We are liking the maintenance free idea of vinyl, the almond interior/exterior suits the look we are trying to achieve. I haven't seen how to attach a picture to show the front window section detail.

Comment (1)