Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xrayvision_gw

Windows Lake Tahoe

xrayvision
13 years ago

Going to replace some windows (7) and 2 Patio Window Sliders in the Lake Tahoe. It is a vacation condo, so looking for most bang for the buck. Sounds like Vinyl is what most window people are recommending, and can handle the snow in the winter and 80's during the summer.

Local glass company recommended Milgard Styleline Windows and Tuscany Patio Doors - $7,350 installed.Home Depot said they could match the price, but also quoted me 5,900 for their Jeld Wen line. So about $1,450 difference. These are both new construction installation (sounds like better than replacement windows installation).

Since it is not my primary residence I cannot use windows toward the tax credit, so that is not a factor.

For me, price is important, but don't want to be too cheap where have to end up paying more to replace terrible windows. Also one difference is warranty. Jeld Wen is 10 years, Milgard is lifetime glass. Home Depot installation said lifetime warranty on installation, but the local company said 5 years (sounds like 1 yr is industry standard). But I have heard nothing but bad things about HD installation.

Any recommendations? Also any other window brands in the same price range?

Thanks