Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Windows for Low Country style house - new construction

Posted by maggie530 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 12 at 21:55

Hi everyone, I've spent the day trying (and failing!) to make cabinet choices, thought I'd move on to windows. I know even less about windows, if that is possible, so I thought I'd go straight to suggestions. :)

It's a low country style house, metal roof, hardiboard siding, brick base support columns and fireplace, and wraparound porch. Transom windows over doors and double hung windows throughout house.

Any ideas where to start my search?

Thanks so much!
Maggie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Windows for Low Country style house - new construction

Here's the elevation

Here is a link that might be useful: Maggie's elevation

o

What do you want the interiors to look like? Are you going for wood construction/look?

What is the budget for the window schedule?

Beautiful home plans. Can't wait to see it and where will it be? Hopefully on a nice chunk of property.

o

It's hard for me to answer what we want the interiors to look like. I can tell you that the we took the style of the house based on a trip we took to Palmetto Bluff in Bluffton, SC. I'll attach a link to a house in the development so you can see the general look of their interiors.

Here is a link that might be useful: Palmetto Bluff home

o

Don't know if I can link to Facebook, but Palmetto Bluff has a picture page of an idea house.

Here is a link that might be useful: Palmetto Bluff Facebook home

o

See the link below. I spent a little more time and money on interior trim of the windows and get a "wow" from everyone who has seen them. I saved some money by selecting the grills you see versus going with true transom's. As well as I remember this was a few thousand dollar savings. I think the style I ended up with would fit your design well. I truly love both the stained and painted interiors. I am in north Georgia if you'd like to see them in person.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to windows in craftsman style house

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here