Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
french patio doors

Posted by kippee (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 21:46

I need to replace a sliding patio door and want a french patio door. I've looked at Marvin Integrity, Jeld-Wen, Milgard, Anderson. I am concerned that the doors have a good lock, or multipoint locks. Which company or companies produce a good quality door and which tend to have problems?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: french patio doors

I would take a look at Provia. They make both steel and fiberglass french doors with a lot of color and decorative glass options.

What did you not like about the doors you have looked at so far?

o

Andersen Frenchwood sliders are very well made. Watch their sizing though. They size a 6-8 door differently than most.

o

What did you decide? We have 2 Anderson french sliders and i love them! We have had them for 10 years and they slide like a dream. Nice heavy door and really blocks out the heat from the sun. One thing I like about the door is that you can lock it in a partially open position. Feels safe to keep open all night. It came unfinished, so I did have to stain it.

Here is a picture of the one in our living room. Wood interior and prefinished white exterior. Ignore the happy Christmas kid ;)

Untitled

The bottom framing is slightly larger than the top.
Untitled

o

Cute pics.

Looks like the pup was recovering from some surgery?

o

Thanks windowsonwashington, he aspirated salt water into his lungs at the dig beach. He was hospitalized for a day and half. The picture was when he came home. He is perky as ever now. Pretty scary though!

Don't mean to hijack the window thread! :)

o
Oops

Dog beach not dig beach ..... Well, I guess it's both!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here