Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Measure for replacement skylight

Posted by blakeas (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 7, 09 at 20:44

I am getting a new roof soon and I want to replace my skylights. How do I measure for replacements now before my old roof is taking off?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Measure for replacement skylight

If you have an unfinished attic go up and use your roof rafters as a guide

o

Here are pictures of my skylights i want to replace - are they fixed or curb mounted?

skylight1

skylight2

insideskylight2

insideskylight1

o

Yes they are curb mounted and fixed, depending upon where you live look at Insuladome or Velex curb mounted which was the old Thermo Vu brand on Long island that they purchased. Mease ure the inside of the box(inside opening) and from what they appear they will end being a size of 22 1/2" x 45" i do believe. Most of the standard curb mounted skylites were made to fit between 2 roof rafters 24" on center.

o

So I am just replacing the skylight that sits on that metal curb? shouldn't I replace the curb as well? it looks very old.

o

Yes most definitely i was telling you how and what to measure the curb does not count toward the unit dimensions

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here