Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Really need help on eliminating the light that comes into my rent

Posted by careercounselor (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 7, 09 at 20:06

Hi Everyone:
I really need help. I rent a small condo that faces a courtyard where light comes through the blinds all through the night. I have lay away many a night trying to figure out a low cost strategy so that I can get a restful sleep. I have resorted to wearing a sleep mask but it's annoying and I'd like to figure out a type of fabric to put up on my give windows each night that will eliminate the problem for me. My apartment is very pretty but I've got to get a handle on this and don't mind the daily inconvenience---several of my windows are flush to the wall and several are not--I am wondering, for example, if I get black fabric and use painters tape to adhere it to the surface around the windows would work and not damage the paint if used regularly--all thoughts would be so appreciated and is this the right forum to post this message?
Thanks so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Really need help on eliminating the light that comes into my

What about a couple of large brass type cup hooks and taking a heavy towel or blanket and having grommets installed and just hang it over the inside of the window at night

o

Go to a store that sells shades. They have cellular shades that do a great job of blocking out light. I got mine from Blinds to Go.

o

Better idea yet !!!

o

bb gun :P

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here