Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Certainteed Newcastle III vinyl windows

Posted by 16cassie (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 30, 11 at 18:53

Has anyone had any experience with the Certainteed Newcastle III vinyl new construction windows? Is it a quality window?

We are replacing several double-hung windows with new construction windows. We were told the Anderson 400 T/W is not an option for us, due to the sizes of our original Peachtree windows, so now I have to find something else that I like.

Any thoughts or facts regarding these windows would be helpful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Certainteed Newcastle III vinyl windows

Nearly any vinyl window can be manufactured to fit a custom size opening. I'm not familiar with the Newcastle per se but Certainteed Windows are made by MI which, while they don't produce horrible windows, also don't have a reputation for producing the best. I would encourage you to look at some other manufacturers so that you can get a feel for what constitutes a quality window. Do not assume that because 2 windows have the same energy efficiency numbers, that they are of equal quality.

o
RE:: Certainteed Newcastle III vinyl windows

Follow-up***

I just remembered that the NewCastleIII is the old Bren MawrII. It a low mid-grade window built for the budget shopper. It that fits your profile, you should be OK as long as you don't overpay for it. However, keep in mind it is a budget window, similar to buying furniture from Walmart.

o

Skydawggy, thanks for your reply. I was wondering if I might send you an email to ask you a couple of questions, since you seem pretty knowlegeable about windows??

I've gotten so many different answers from the contractors and salespeople where I live regarding windows, that I'm not sure of anything anymore! I'm ready to just scrap this window project soon if I can't get some answers to some important questions!

Cassie

o

It can be pretty frustrating. Sometimes I spend more time convincing someone that what they were told simply isn't true or that it's just sales hype than I do enlightening them to the realities of purchasing windows. Just click on my email and I'll be happy to try and help you sort it out. Or you can visit my website and send me an email from there.

Here is a link that might be useful: EcoStar Remodeling

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here