Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone from Marvin-Integrity follow the forum?

Posted by dwpc (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 3, 09 at 16:00

If so, I just want you to know your marketing people are idiots for not offering Integrity sliding doors in replacement opening sizes. Its frustrating to finally find a superb product and find its only available in full height nail fin sizes making it useless for remodeling. So Eagle gets our order, even with a higher price.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone from Marvin-Integrity follow the forum?

They do make a shorter door for replacements. They do not do custom sizes. Their doors fit majority of the patio doors out there. They run on a two week lead time which does not leave room for custom sizes. It is designed as a new construction product. Custom sizes is what their Aluminum Clad line is for which is similar to the Eagle door you just ordered. Hope you got the kynar finish or like fading!

o
Tube:

Several dealers and the Integrity website say differently. The dealers unanimously tell me that retro doors are generally 80" RO. 83" (RO) is the shortest Integrity make; Too bad, Integrity is a better value but not if I must tear apart a load-bearing wall to install it. There should be a custom option without going to the AL Clad line, which is a beautiful product but very, very costly ($7K vs. $3K Integrity). If you know a contact who can get me 80" Integrity doors, please do post it. I'd be grateful.

I don't accept the two week lead time as an excuse from a big outfit like Marvin; not in 2009. Point-of-sale generated shop orders, automated CAD, bar coding of parts for orders, and CNC shop machines, etc. make custom work pretty simple and cost efficient. Pultruded fiberglass can be cut to length like millwork. If they don't get with it, some Chinese company will probably show them how its done.

o
RE: Anyone from Marvin-Integrity follow the forum?

Have you checked the Marvin Infinity line? They are more custom than Integrity from what I understand. Integrity is just standard sizes while Infinity is custom sizing. Hope that helps if not sorry about he wild goose chase.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here