Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacement picture windows

Posted by jeffsun81 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 15:07

I have at least 40 picture windows that are single pane and I want to replace them with vinyl replacement windows. I have been reading on this forum and learned about quite a few top brands. However, I'm on a tight budget, and I got a very good price quote for Crystal windows. Does anyone have experience with Crystal windows? Do you think it's a good choice for low-budget picture windows?

Thank you!

Jeff

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacement picture windows

Crystal from Queens NY?

o

Their website shows it's headquartered at Flushing.
http://www.crystalwindows.com/comm-cont-crystal.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Crystal Windows

o

Yes, made in Queens NY, Chinese own it. Its a poorly designed window and thats why its cheap. I would NEVER use their window and risk my reputaion. Its a low budget window that looks very cheap as well. Lots of " low budget contractors" use Crystal because its cheap and they can sell cheap for a better shot at getting the job. A decent window will be in the 400's - 500's including install depending on brand and features for a double pane. I would look at Okna , HiMark, Soft Lite, Sunrise,Gorell.

This post was edited by mmarse1 on Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 20:30

o

Jeff,

The old adalge of "going cheap is expensive" might apply in this situation.

If all other factors of installation are comparable, you would be better suited to make sure you get a rock solid product.

o

And Crystal is not anyone's definition of a rock solid product and I unfortunately have sold their aluminum products for commercial projects (specified not my decision, lol).

o

Thank you everyone for replying. I was hoping Crystal is fine for picture windows since there is no moving part...

o

Moving parts make no matter for quality.

o

+1

Very true observation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here