Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any Reviews of Lucent?

Posted by faulstr (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 14:14

We are building a new home and all the builders around here typically quote Andersen. Our current house estimate includes Andersen 200s but we thought there was a lot of "plastic" showing on the interior for it being called a wood interior window. So since we're doing white interiors we priced the 100s as well to save money, but not crazy about single hungs for cleaning purposes. We are getting bids on Marvin Integrity but believe that will price above the Andersen 200s and not sure we want to spend more than that. So we're still looking and would be open to good vinyl windows if it will also save money. I have inquiries in looking for dealers on Soft-Lite, Sunrise and Solaris to see if they are avail in our area (St Louis MO). We are meeting next week with a supplier who carries Simonton, but he was also telling me about an aluminum clad wood line called Lucent that is made about an hour south of STL and prices much lower than Andersen or Marvin. But I couldn't find this brand discussed here - anyone know if it? He also mentioned a vinyl/wood window by VinylMax SherWood - anyone know of that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any Reviews of Lucent?

Been in the window and door business 30 years and have never heard of them. Nothing about the info on their website impresses me and truthfully and priced much lower than Andersen 200 series is not going to be a very good wood window in my opinion.

o
RE: Any Reviews of Lucent?

Lucent bought out the old Biltbest factory in Ste. Genevieve, MO. Biltbest was in business for 60 years as a wood window manufacturer, but they were acquired by a company just before the economic downturn and didn't survive it.

While I don't know about the quality of Lucent windows I do know that many of the former Biltbest team are employees and that they are in the old Biltbest factory. Hope that helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Article about Lucent

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here