Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Normal to have scratches, gouges, etc on new window install

Posted by titan7 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 27, 10 at 13:51

So I have 4 new (nail fin) vinyl windows installed and an new anderson sliding door. I they did not re-stucco yet as I am waiting for framing inspection. Well I decide to clean off the windows and gobs of caulking everywhere and discover damage on every window. These are huge holes but there are small dents, and gouges in the frames on seveal windows and the are lots of hairline scratches in a couple of the glass panels.

The Anderson door handle was installed 1/8"-3/16" to the right of the lock mech, above it. the holes were drilled in the wrong place from anderson. I have some scratches on the frames of the anderson door in one place the scratches go down to the black undercoat.

So I sent pictures to the contactor and I am waiting for a response. Now I can deal with a small scuff but some of these are noticable from 3 feet away.

This will completely screw up my timeline on the other trades, what a nightmare.

couple of examples:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Normal to have scratches, gouges, etc on new window install

So what is your question? Or are you just venting.

o

I am trying to get some opinions from other home owners as to whether I am being too picky about complaining about this. I don't see understand how you take a new window and cause damage to it during the installation.

o

I would not find that damage acceptable. I would either ask the dealer to re-order them or I would expect some type of reasonable discount.

o

Ok then, I agree with skydawggy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here