Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Velux Skylights condensation

Posted by sduck2 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 30, 08 at 13:29

I replaced 2 old Anderson skylights due to broken seals in the glass. Thanks to the information here, I had 2 new Velux replacement skylights installed and paid a million dollars (OK, over 2,500.00).

Instead of a manual crank, they gave me an odd shape thing which I'm assuming should be used with a wand to open. It's a 1 1/2 story house so the skylight crank is in front of my nose, not up high. I also woke this morning to condensation on both windows, in 2 different rooms. It was warm out (80ish) and I had the A/C going inside (72ish). I thought Velux bragged about no condensation forming on their windows. Any idea what the problem is and should I ask the installer to install the cranks?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Velux Skylights condensation

It happened again this morning and I removed the screen and wiped the glass with a kleenex. It's on the outside and called "dew". :)

For the record, I don't hear my loud neighbors anymore with the new skylights. All OK with Velux!!

I'll order the cranks myself.

o
RE: Velux Skylights condensation

sduck, may I ask an OT question: I just got openable Velux skylights as well, and I'm concerned about the fit onto the opening. Would you by any chance be able to take a pic of the way yours are mounted? Are they curb-mount, by any chance? I've been posting on the remodeling forum about the skylights (I believe the thread starts with the word "dagnabit" :)) if you want to see what ours look like.

Thanks in advance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here