Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NT or Four Seasons Windows?

Posted by sharonm45 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 30, 10 at 13:10

Anyone familiar with either NT windows or Four Seasons windows? We are in Houston and currently have the original windows -- single pain, non-treated, metal frame -- from 1954. As you can imagine, our electric bills are ridiculous. There are so many companies I find myself become more and more confused. We are also having our kitchen remodeled and one company bidding that uses NT. Someone who sells Gorell comes today. *sigh* Someone just tell me what to do at this point, and I will. =)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NT or Four Seasons Windows?

I don't dare tell you what to do, but when I was deciding between Gorell and Schuco windows four years ago, I was pretty favorably impressed with Gorell. However, I went with the Schuco for a small advantage in energy efficiency.

Do you have any other data points for comparison between the windows--U values, prices, etc?

Really--ANY decent quality, double pane vinyl window is going to be a huge improvement over what you have for energy.

We got triple-pane argon-filled to help keep out the cold, and apart from one window that has a leaking problem because it isn't seated correctly (I think that might be the problem at least), I've been pretty pleased. There might be other considerations for security or soundproofing.

o

NT makes a fairly good window. I'd avoid the Four Seasons product - overpriced and very average.

Soft-lite and Sunrise are other good options.

Gorell is ok, nothing special.

o

I will say it because he would never self promote.

The guy you need to talk to is right above me. Ultra Windows is your best resource for Houston window replacement.

Randy has the skills, knowledge, and best products in your area. He is one of 3 people that I recommend across the country and I say that without hesitation.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ultra Windows

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here