Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pella Pro Line vs Marvin, prices?

Posted by earthmover (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 12:22

Hi, My builder has gotten us a quote for Pella Proline (wood interior, aluminum clad exterior)and I asked him to get us a Marvin quote too. He agreed, but added it would be out of my budget, likely twice as much. Is that true? Is it worthwhile to get multiple quotes on the same product from various vendors?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pella Pro Line vs Marvin, prices?

Absolutely twice the price and five times the value. Pella Proline = bottom of the barrel builders grade wood window and Marvin would be about the best wood window available. Integrity by Marvin fiberglass would be closer ir price and still a much better window than the Proline.

o

There is nothing Pella makes that is better than anything Marvin makes.

I would Google "Pella Reviews" for some insights into what consumers think of Pella Windows.

o

You would be comparing new Michelins and a set of re-treads.

o

Thanks for the responses. I have read a lot about Pella and Marvin. Am I likely to find better prices by getting quotes from various Marvin dealers? Strange thing about Pella, and granted my experience is very limited, but I have original 1974 Pella double paned windows in my mountain house that have been great. No rot, no condensation between the panes. We should probably replace for upgraded energy efficiency, but we have had no problems and I guess I was inclined to go that way based on my previous experience despite what I have read.

Would like to go with Marvin, but not sure about the cost, which makes me wonder how much we could potentially save by shopping around with various dealers.

o

You will find most guys in the same area will all be in the same ballpark. However if you have a true lumberyard near you that sells Marvin you may be able to cut a little better deal with them if you use them for essentially all you lumber and building products for your build.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here