Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bronze or Ebony? Integrity windows.

Posted by Kiwigem (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 11:39

Sorry for duplicate post- can't figure out how to delete.

This post was edited by Kiwigem on Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 12:01

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bronze or Ebony? Integrity windows.

We orginally looked at Integrity because they were offered in dark colors. We ended up choosing Integrity because, in theory, they can be refinished easier than Vinyl or Aluminum. My wife liked black. After much thought, we (I), decided against doing anything trendy in our new home and went with a more conventional color.

o

Those look great! We are definitely going with dark frames; it's the way our house was designed. I'm going to have to make a choice soon. Did you think the ebony was an attractive color? I know to some people black paint is just black paint, but I see differences for sure.

o

This is the look we were originally going for. If you search google for dark window trim (-widow), you get a good sampling without microsoft products or black widows. See link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Google image search

o

Trendy look in our area.

o

Where's my invite LKbum...?

o

I should ask you for one now. Our youngest daughter is now working on the Hill. Lives about 6 blocks from the capitol. We plan on moving some of her stuff up the first week in August. Anytime you are headed south, come on by. Always a cold one in the frig.

o

I went to see two live installations today and decided to go with the bronze.... Then my husband talked me into the ebony- LOL.

Thanks for chiming in, guys!

This post was edited by Kiwigem on Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 10:03

o

Congrats on the move and tell her welcome to the capital of corruption.

We need all the good people we can get up here to right the ship.

o

Do you think it would look strange for our casements to be bronze on the outside but painted a soft black on the inside?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here