Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with window treatments for a 5-part bay window

Posted by movinginva (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 20, 11 at 11:33

**Duplicate post in the 'Home Decorating' forum.**

I am trying to find some window treatment suggestions for a 5-part bay window. The window is wonderful and I have finally removed the ugly vertical blinds that were hanging there and covering the whole window. The problem I have is that you can only mount hardware from the top inside the bay window. There is no place to mount hardware on the sides of each of the panels, since it is just one big window.

I have considered doing shades, but the mechanism that is used to open the two side windows will be in the way and the shades will not hang well. I have looked for 5-part top mount curtain rods, and that apparently does not exist. I would prefer not to do mini blinds, but it is starting to look like my only option.

Any suggestions, or does anyone else here have that kind of bay window and maybe have pictures of what they used as window treatments. I need help as soon as possible. I do not want to put the horrible vertical blind back, and I currently have sheets of paper covering the windows.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with window treatments for a 5-part bay window

I would look at roller shades and maybe even the possiblity of battery powered ones. They will give you a clean look and clear view of your window openings.

If you want curtains, you can use an iron rod and have it bent to the corners of your bay windows. Use a mount at either end and 1 in the middle (screw it in place so the rod doesn't move). You can then close the curtains to the center of the opening without any major issues.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here