Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
movinginva_gw

Need help with window treatments for a 5-part bay window

movinginva
12 years ago

**Duplicate post in the 'Home Decorating' forum.**

I am trying to find some window treatment suggestions for a 5-part bay window. The window is wonderful and I have finally removed the ugly vertical blinds that were hanging there and covering the whole window. The problem I have is that you can only mount hardware from the top inside the bay window. There is no place to mount hardware on the sides of each of the panels, since it is just one big window.

I have considered doing shades, but the mechanism that is used to open the two side windows will be in the way and the shades will not hang well. I have looked for 5-part top mount curtain rods, and that apparently does not exist. I would prefer not to do mini blinds, but it is starting to look like my only option.

Any suggestions, or does anyone else here have that kind of bay window and maybe have pictures of what they used as window treatments. I need help as soon as possible. I do not want to put the horrible vertical blind back, and I currently have sheets of paper covering the windows.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz