Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soft Lite Envision vs. Imperial LS

Posted by 24Maren (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 11, 13 at 9:31

I have read a couple of posts here that indicate the Soft Lite Envison product is their entry grade window. The sales guy, however, told me that this isn�t true and that the only difference between the Envision and LS is the frame finish. The LS is a little better because of the finish that allows it to be painted and allows for interior wood grain look frames. Where the Envisions will only allow for the white and beige exterior and interior looks. I checked the numbers and:

Envision
Air .06
U factor .22
Structural 153 mph

LS
Air .02
U factor .16
Structural 187

So the LS is a better window � BUT the numbers on the Envision seem pretty good too. Are there any thoughts on this?

The only thing I am finding is that the dealer tries to avoid giving you a discount for the slightly less performing Envision and seems to want to quote them at the same price as the LS. I think I can push them on this though and end up with a pretty good window and a pretty good price, that would suit my needs adequately.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soft Lite Envision vs. Imperial LS

The Envision numbers look pretty good.

It is probably just a branded Imperial Pro or Barrington/Bainbridge.

o

Softlite does not make a bad window at any level IMO, but make no mistake, those two windows are NOT the same. The imperial LS/elements is their world class model and shares virtual nothing except glass packages with the other lines. You should see a significant discount with the other lines.

o

We were told by the local manager that the Imperial LS is $65 more per window than the Envision.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here