Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Andersen 400s?

Posted by lcrizzle (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 9:25

Greetings all!

Hello & thanks to all the people that read this forum, it is a wonderful resource for a homeowner.

I need to replace 34 windows in an austin stone ranch style home, have looked at a bunch of different styles, but i keep coming back to windows with wood on the inside - we have singled out andersen 400's. This is a fairly high end home.

A few questions - am I crazy for thinking i need (want?) wood inside?

We have 34 windows to redo, the total coming to 44,500 (1,300) per window.

Is there another brand that i should consider that is either cheaper (with similar quality) or better (for a similar price?)

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Andersen 400s?

Have you looked at the Marvin Integrity line yet? They offer a version that is wood on the interior with fiberglass exteriors. Might be worth considering as an option to the 400.

For a high end home, it's not crazy to want wood on the interior at all. As to pricing, I don't think you're going to get much lower than the pricing you have already as wood windows are expensive.

o

+1 to ultrawindows. Integrity wood ultrex or those andersens are probably your only options if you want a low cost wood window without compromising too much on quality.

o

Another vote for you to at least take a look at the Integrity.

Ultra Windows is in your neck of the woods too...I think.

o

Why would you NOT want wood on the inside?

We have Anderson 400's now for 10 years in our new construction home and have been happy with them. The real wood interiors is a plus as far as I'm concerned. (ours are white painted, not natural/stained)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here