Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Entry Door Pro Via or??

Posted by ranger481vs (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 7:06

I've been trying to do research on entry doors. Pro Via repeatedly comes up as the best fiberglass door. We have one dealer in our area and I was quoted $5900 for a SIGNET SERIES 36" 6-panel Mahogany stained door with two 14" sidelites and a full glass storm, and an upgrade to the Schlage Addison Hardware. Also includes installation and removal of the old door. I know Pro Via is the best, but does that seem like a good price for this door?

I also had a quote for a similar style Therma Tru Classic Craft door, and that came to $4800 w/out a storm door and w/out installation. So, in that case it would be a no-brainer to do the Pro Via. I'm just in sticker shock about spending so this much ($5800) for an entry door.

I've got a nice home, but it is not a high end home in a high end neighborhood either. I'm wondering what door brand and style might be another good option, albeit, a step down from Pro Via.

This post was edited by ranger481vs on Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 8:07

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Entry Door Pro Via or??

Excellent door. Well worth the money.

o

For a Signet with 2 sidelites and a storm that price is INSANELY low. That is probably the best door that money can buy, but you are paying essentially a mid grade price. I'd take that deal.

o

+1

Knowing what I know about what I pay for those doors, that is low.

Solid door and well built.

o

I am having my front door installed this week with a Pro Via. Don't remember the exact sub type. That quote is pretty close to what mine is costing with installation and haul away. I am getting French doors with one side light and Emteck hardware.

o

Thanks for the responses. I just confirmed the quote this morning, which is for a chestnut-stained Signet solid door, and two 3/4 Glass side lites w/ dividers for $5600. I eliminated the storm door from the quote.

o

My Provia Signet door was installed two days before Christmas. The cost was $7200 without hardware. Notice that I custom ordered mahogany jambs, which was a $2000 custom charge...so excluding hardware, your price is somewhat in line with what I paid.

o

Beautiful door PC!

o

Yes! That is very similar to what our door will look like, except we will have the solid plank door.

o

just signed a proposal today for a new Signet craftsman door with 2 sidelites with Lehigh glass and with a spectrum storm door for ~$5450. The original quote was around $7000 but I found a 25% off coupon from their website, they told me it was erroneously put it out there by their webmaster, it was supposed to be just 10%, but they honored the 25% off anyway. will see if they will try to cut any corners.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here