Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how much more is an eyebrow top window?

Posted by bmh4796 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 24, 13 at 23:47

we are "trimming the fat" from our blueprints and debating over 2 eyebrow top windows. There is one in our breakfast room and one in the master bathroom. Both of them are around 5 x4. We are going with aluminum clad windows. I can't decide if i want the eyebrows are not, so I figured that maybe knowing how much more expensive they are would help me make up my mind

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how much more is an eyebrow top window?

Tough to say what the ratio is without knowing the material or options.

Probably safe to assume that it will be minimum 2-3X the cost of the same square footage of glass and frame.

o

+1. Can't say an exact number, but there is a significant premium. Personally I prefer a rectangular transom.... I think that the eyebrows are starting to trend downward in popularity.

o

Eyebrows are looking dated.

o

I agree with all the above!

o

i think i'm getting tired of the eyebrows too. they have their place on some elevations, but i don't think they are called for on my home. one of them would have been on the side of the house over an oval breakfast table, so i thought the eyebrow window and the arch of the table would have looked nice, but not so much so that i want to spend the extra money. the other one was in my master bathroom over a freestanding tub, but I'm certain i don't want it there

2 times more, really!!??

o

No not 2 x, a minimum of 2 to 3 x !!

o

+1

They are not cheap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here