Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
# of GBG's

Posted by lnia (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 6, 12 at 22:17

Hello,
I have a 75 x 72 foyer window. Exterior is bronze. Interior is what. RIght now I have 25 Squares (5 rows of 5) but I am debating 6 rows of 6. Is there a calculation of what would look the best?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: # of GBG's

Whatever company you decide on should be able to produce a rendering of each for you to compare and decide on.

Typically bigger grids are better because they give the window a larger feel and more open look.

o

+1 on WoW

o

5 horizonal and 5 vertical would be the industry standard for a window that size. That would translate to 36 lites or squares. I agree that larger squares give a more open look but you must be careful and consider the size of the squares on other windows in your house as to not make anything look out of sync.

o

It is 25 squares. 5 rows of 5. Other windows have squares that are slightly smaller.

o

The window you have now has larger squares than the rest of the windows because it is not at industry standard. This is why you need to consider how well the grids on a replacement window will match the patterns on the rest of them.

o

+1

Whatever you go with will need to match the grid size and spacing of any additional units you are replacing.

Of the multiple times we have had this conversation with clients, overwhelmingly the factor preset defaults wound up being the right choice and what the customer goes with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here